A few of my favorite (sports) things...

1. Hobie SUP

Courtesy of Janet and Jim Dooley of North Shore Trading Company. They were so generous to let us test out their large fleet of water-crafts  and we finally decided on one.  The 11'5 DuraSUP is perfect for Matt and I being beginners and while we would have gone with the ATR series I just really didn't trust myself not to break it =).
I plan on taking out on the lake bright and early in the morning for a journey to the Solar Observatory and back.     
2.  Argon 18 Tri Bike

I've been putting in quite a few miles in on my bike and it's paying off- It feels like its apart of me when I ride. I got this bike in Vegas from Nu Vision Cyclery.  In addition to the bike I've sweetened it with a speed/cadence sensor that I don't know how to use.  My sister got me that rad water bottle that matches and helps with my aerodynamics. Also I just got a bike fit from Mike McKovich that helped me out of riding in bad positions.

3.  Anything Hammer

I heart so bad that I get no digestive problems from eating/drinking any of their products.  My favorite tend to be the Perpetuem Solids-It gives me the option of having a solid amongst all the liquids I'm taking in while training/competing (Heed, Perpetuem, Water, Fizz, HammerGel, Chicken Broth- If you're out on the course long enough).  I'm also into their vitamins and just started on the Tissue Rejuvenator that seems to be helping my body deal with small aches and pains.

4.  Mizuno Wave Musha 3

Best racing shoes out there.  They're lightweight (8 oz) and funky- just like I like a shoe to be.  I did my last Ironman in the blue pair...It nearly killed me when they were old/worn out and had to be tossed out.  They have the best cushioning and stability while being very breathable- I love a shoe that breathes.

5. Medal Collection

An inspiration every time you walk by them-I love that they hold a memory.  There are some favorites but I'd have to say the far right 2008 Derby Marathon takes the cake.  It was the race that started our lifestyle- and my very first running race ever.  Also the 2008 Louisville Ironman Medal is one that means a lot- my very first triathlon ever. Louisville Ironman results (here).  I  competed 2008, 2009 and will be doing the 2011  race.

6.  Zoot Padded Briefs

I'm trying to find a black one that's like these but the ones I've found so far are ugly. I heart these because I can use them without changing throughout the entire race - swimming, biking and running.  They have just enough padding for the long painful bike ride. Plus....I love an excuse to run around in my skivvies.

7. Honorable mentions to FRS Energy Drink, Agility Guard, Salt Sticks, plain white bootie socks, 2XU Compression Recovery Sock/Sleeves, Saucony trail running shoes and the podium. 

Comments

Popular Posts