Dog Blog

Poondigg- an awesome pair of dogs consisting of Harper (right), age 1.75  and Bob Digger (left), age 1.33. 

Baby Pics

Hello, My Name is Harper.


Breed:  Airedale Terrier
 

Nicknames:   
  • Harpoonya
  • Princess Poonya
 I enjoy:  
  • Stepping on people
  • Drinking dirty water
  • Groaning while I sleep
  • Chasing small animals
 Named After:  Ben Harper

Favorite Outdoor Activity:  Camping

Thing I fear most:  The spray-bottle

Word that best describes me:  Curious

How/When I joined the pack:  On February 26th 2010 at the Big Bear Chamber Fantasy Auction.  I was bid on by a slightly drunk Matt Smith and Rachael Ghrist.  Once they won be I deuced on the floor for Matt to slip on...what a great first night.



Hello, My Name is Bob Digger.

 Breed: Bergamasco Sheepdog

 Nicknames:
  • Dig-mo-dee
  • Big Man
  • Dude Man
  • Lover Boy
  • Bob-digger-odamis
  • Digger
I enjoy:  
  • Getting off my leash
  • Being serious
  • Sensual Kissing
  • My Pack
  • Cuddling with my pack

Named After:  Bob Marley...chosen because I'll have dread locks

Favorite Outdoor Activity:  Trail Running

Things I fear most:  
  • The spray-bottle
  • Hangers
  • Sudden Movements
  • New People
  • Large Dogs
  • Skateboards
  • Smoke
  • Smoke Alarms
  • Loud Noises
  • People blowing on me
Word that best describes me:  Reserved

How/When I joined the pack:  I was wanted before I was even born.  Matt had taken a "What dog is right for you quiz?"  I came up, they found a breeder and the rest is history.   On April 3rd 2010 I was flown into Ontario, CA from Rhome, TX to meet my new mother Rachael and my uncle Brandon.  I was nervous at first so I weeed all over the airport  floor.  That night I snuggled with my new pack.
 
What I love most about my dogs:

1) I can say who wants a biscuit and they know to get out of the kitchen.

2) They're so damn cute begging
3) When we come home Digg does laps -couch to couch, room to room.  We hold Harper back and cheer him on "Laps, Laps, Laps, Laps!"

4) They know the difference between workout clothes and work clothes.  When I have hiking clothes on there's no tricking them- they know they're going on a hike.  When I'm getting ready for work-they don't bother me. What if I wanted to wear something sporty to work though??

 5) They've made a sound for a figure 8.  They've got a particular route in the backyard in the shape of a figure 8...When they're real excited you can hear it because of the timing of Digg banging into the side of the house.

I'm so blessed to have these two wonderful, smart, protective and pack loving dogs. I'll miss you next week!~

Rach


Comments

  1. Who would not

    love a shaggy dog-- you gotta love these dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet them in december! Wish I was bringing DomiNo with me, save that for when I am a full time van-creeper living in your yard for months at a time :) DN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts