How a Realtor is like a Running Partner

Don’t get me wrong, even I enjoy running alone and shopping alone, but I can't discount the benefits of doing either with a partner.  There's a reason a quote was made that two heads are better than one.  Even if you're, like me, interested more in solo running and shopping you can greatly benefit from choosing the right person to tag along.  When I run solo, I notice I don't have that competitive urge to race at the very end of the run.  Similiarly when I'm shopping by myself I notice I don't think as realistically (Is it a good deal, does it look good, what's my ROI?)  All questions my shopping partner, or your realtor would and should be doing for you.   There are many benefits to training with a partner/shopping with a Realtor, to help you get as much as you can out of your workouts or to get the best deal and negotiate the best offer for you. Here are a few of the reasons I like to buddy up when it comes to training and shopping.

Get Motivated

While we love the ease of getting a run in when we’re going solo, skipping a workout is even easier.  Similarly we love the ease of driving around town looking at houses whilst in Big Bear, but wouldn't it be more effective if someone was shopping for you while you were gone?  When the weather gets blustery, or when the time change leaves you in a darkness, it’s very enticing to just hit snooze and catch a little more shuteye. Similarly, once you leave the mountain its very easy to put the 'snooze' button on shopping for a home since you aren't physically in Big Bear.  Having a running partner/Realtor will hold both of you accountable to your workouts and your real estate needs so that you can develop a consistent habit and get the most out of your training and the homes your realtor is sending to you.  For my clients I like to continue to reach out to them when a home they may be interested hits the market, keeping both our motivation levels for your dream home high!

Stay Strong

Having someone to talk to can help pass the time on a long run, or on a particularly grueling run or learning more about the market and how to draft and submit offers based on how our market is currently performing.  A running partner/Realtor will help you power through when the going gets tough. Problem solving, stress relief, drafting an offer or discussing whats on your mind or the Big Bear Lake Real Estate market while you run/shop for homes will help you get through your run/offer on a home.

Safety First

There’s some truth to the old adage ‘there’s safety in numbers.’ If something unexpected happens while you’re on your run or doing inspections it’s nice to have a partner with you who can help you navigate the situation. Even if you opt not to run with a partner/shop with a Realtor, it’s a good idea to know the benefits of both sides and choose wisely!


Comments

Popular Posts